1. Kamala Baliga College of Education is the first College of Education in Uttara Kannada District and started in June 1972.
2. Offers varieties of methods of teaching and optional papers for the prospective teachers.
3. Library is well equipped with more than 16,000 books, a good number of journals and periodicals.
4. Separate reading room where 75 student-teachers can comfortably sit and read.
5. Each student-teacher is allowed to borrow 10 books under U.G.C. Book Bank Scheme which can be returned after the academic year.
6. For the last 30 years college has maintained 100% result with good number of students passing with distinctions and first classes.
7. From the inception of the college, a good number (85) of University ranks has been secured by the students. Some of them are bestowed with Gold (14) Medals.
8. Most of the students hail from rural areas.
9. It has hostels both for Ladies and Gents run by our Society.
10. The Institution has adequate number of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff members.
11. Citizenship Training Camp, NSS Training Camp, Red Ribbon Club conducting HIV Aids and Health Awareness programmes, Educational Excursion and Educational Exhibitions are conducted by the college.
12. Student representatives are selected on the basis of ‘Talent Show Programme’.
13. All the students participate in one or more activities related to art, literature, culture and sports.
14. College shares a spacious playground maintained by Kanara College Society.
15. It has well maintained beautiful garden inside the college premises.
16. The Guest House owned by Kanara College Society is available to accommodate the dignitaries visiting our college.
17. Bank and Post Office facilities are available in the campus itself.
18. College has calm and peaceful 42 acres large campus environment.
19. More than 4,500 students have been graduated since the inception of this college. Almost all of them have occupied prominent positions in Education Department in general and other departments in particular.
20. Academic and administrative staff members of our college work with a healthy spirit of co-operation and co-ordination.
21. The Institution has well equipped spacious Computer Laboratory with 30 computers.
22. Our day begins with college prayer, thought for the day, news reading, science news reading and attendance.
23. College has Women Empowerment and Anti ragging Cell to provide
special protection to female students.